How can I help you?
- Are you feeling stuck in your career?
- Do you need help to make an important career decision?
- Have you recently been made redundant?
- Suddenly found yourself out of work?
- Feeling frustrated after sending out countless C.V’s and getting nothing back?
- Are you trying to return to work after a maternity or career break?
- Want to change direction but you’re not sure what you want to do or where to start?
- Looking for advice on how to write a strong C.V and put together a cover letter?
- Need help with interview skills techniques and building up your confidence?
- Do you need some help setting up or improving your Linked In profile?
Taking that first step and recognising you need to ask for some help can be really daunting – let me reassure you that’s the hardest step – I can help you with all of these things. With so many of my clients looking at the prospect of working much longer now, the focus on having a job you love is more important than ever!
I am a professional Career Coach based in Gerrards Cross, South Buckinghamshire. I provide individual and confidential Coaching in all aspects of Career Transition and Career Change.
I am absolutely passionate about helping people make informed choices and decisions about their careers and specialise in supporting people who are in that ‘mid-life transition’ when personal and family circumstances change and it’s time to start focusing on what’s right for them!
Having spent over 20 years working at the BBC, I decided to follow my passion and step out of my Recruitment and Coaching career to set up my own Career Coach business. 8 years on and with over 10 years Coaching experience I am now helping people to find theirs.
I work with some of the most highly respected and recognised Career Outplacement Companies in the UK, including supporting Service Leavers from around the world transitioning out of the UK’s Armed Forces. I facilitate Career Transition workshops and offer individual Career Coaching.
Career Coaching is defined by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as:
“Partnering with clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honour the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self discovery
- Elicit client generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential”
In summary, successful Career Coaching is all about exploring career options creatively and unlocking personal potential, enabling clients to developing a strategy to achieve their goals. It is not about telling clients what they should do! It is particularly effective for individuals who feel they are at a cross-roads in their career and need help to find a suitable direction. Those who are finding it difficult to make the transition they want or for those who are unable to identify the changes they need to make in order to succeed.
Through using effective coaching techniques, I help guide individuals through a number of stages, to help them identify their ‘transferable skills’, strengths and aspirations. We work together to identify and break down career barriers and start building positive steps forward. Together we map out achievable and realistic goals and build an action plan for the short, medium and long term.
Finding a Career Coach is also a very personal, and for some, brave option to consider. So, it is really important to find one who you feel comfortable with. With this in mind, I offer an initial telephone consultation free of charge.
Just contact me through my website and I will get back to you within 48 working hours.
Other areas of coaching I help with
- Coaching clients to learn how to write strong and effective CV’s, cover letters
- Coaching clients through the full application process to interview
- Interview techniques including mock interviews
- Managing Change and Transformation in the workplace
- Networking techniques and tapping in to the hidden job market
- Making the most of your current job
- Effectively using Linked In for networking and job searching
I also run bespoke training courses for organisations or small groups. If you’d like to have one at your workplace, just let me know and I will come and meet you for a coffee and a chat so see how I can help.